How do I renew a book?
Items checked out from LibSearch can be renewed online, in person, or over the phone.
- Online: Log into My Library Account in LibSearch with your St. Kate's username and password and click on Loans to view all the items you have checked out.
- If an item is owned by St. Kate's and no one else has requested it, it will renew automatically and your new due date will be listed.
- Any item that can be renewed will have a blue Renew button displayed next to it.
- Any item that cannot be renewed will have a grey Not Renewable displayed. Contact us via email if you have any questions about an item that cannot be renewed.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call to Renew: 651-690-8737
If the item does not belong to St. Kate's (such as interlibrary loan materials), the renewal request will go to the lending library to be reviewed. The lender will respond within a few days, and the patron will get an email with the decision either way.
Library materials can be renewed from the date of the original loan until they reach a maximum loan period.
Items that cannot be renewed include:
- Items that have reached the maximum loan period
- Items that have been requested by another user
- Course Reserve materials
- Lost or billed items